1) Steelers beat the Patriots. And my local game was Seahawks vs. Bengals. Let that sink in for a minute. Yeah. Not cool. And there's no way I'm going to be that guy who goes to the pub while my three girls sit out in the car. I've seen that guys like that. I'm not that guy. But nor am I the type to watch a Bengals game for any reason. Even though the Steelers won, I lost somehow.
2) This week will be the week that I take a major step in being above .500 in fantasy hockey. I've been savvy. I've made unconventional deals and waiver pickups that have helped the bottom line. It's scary how many hockey stats I've looked at over the last two weeks. Truly, I probably have a sports problem. But until I start missing work and refuse to eat, I'll roll with it.
3) I just completed the first week of being 30 years old. I swear my joints hurt a bit more this week. It's probably in my head, but there was some soreness that wasn't there last week. Maybe I should stop falling asleep on the couch watching NHL Live every night. That's actually probably the problem. Being 30 is ok, I guess.
4) I'm seriously debating writing a novel in the National Novel Writing Month in November. But could I really keep up two blogs and write 50,000 words in one month? Could I? Probably. I'm debating it. I've got a good sci-fi idea and a good humor novel concept I could work with. Ugghhh. Decisions.
5) I've watched every Pittsburgh Penguins game this year. And I know that I'm a true fan now because I felt genuine emotion in the loss to Toronto last night. The Pens' hadn't allowed a PP goal all season on the road, and with the backup goalie, the PK was non-existent. Frustration doesn't even come close to describing what I felt. It's odd. I shouldn't be so into this. But it's who I am.
6) Bonus Thought - I'm taking this usual 5 point piece into overtime. I applied for a promotion at work this week. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm not 100% cocky about it, but I stand a chance. If I don't get it, I'll never mention it again. But if I do get it....it could make my blogging way cooler. I might be able to afford a hobby box or two more regularly. And take the family out for a night on the town. Funny I listed them in that order. I'll leave it at that.